My Current Collection of Oils

They say "Rome wasn't built in a day" and the same could be said for an Essential Oils collection.  Oh, how I wish I could have them all!  But I have to be patient and build up my collection slowly.

In 2 months I have a collection of 10 beautiful bottles.


And over the span of a couple of days I will use every single one of them.  Some I could easily use daily but what I've read so far indicates it's important to change things up a bit so that the body doesn't become too used to a particular oil and therefore sensitised to it.  So I try not to use them all every single day.

I'm mostly using a combination of diffusion and topical application (rubbing on different parts of the body diluted in fractionated coconut oil.  I have done a little bit of taking them internally (in water so far) but there are mixed reports on the safety of using oils internally and while the brand I use labels some of their oils as safe for internal use, I want to learn a bit more before I do too much ingestion.

Of course, the most exciting part about 10 bottles of pure joy are that 4 of them I got for FRREEEEE!!!!  The wild orange was a door prize at the event I went to.  The other 3 came "free" with my second order.


This is pretty clever marketing on behalf of Doterra.  Every month if you order by the 15th with a certain size order, they send you a free oil.  Periodically they also have a promotion where if you order even more that month, they'll send you additional free oils.

So what happens?  You just add a few extra things to your order because it works out to your benefit value wise to do so.  They sell more.  You get more.  It's kind of a win-win situation.

Of course, they could make all their oils slightly cheaper and not do such promotions.  But the buzz created by the free oils is electric.  It feels exciting to think you're getting something for free.

There's another factor to this whole process which is actually a win for the consumer (ie me).  These are oils I probably wouldn't have bought for myself.  At least not yet anyway.  However, the Litsea has been an AWESOME oil for my energy levels.  I diffuse it when I'm feeling a bit flat and it works wonders.  I'm so thankful Doterra does it this way and I was able to discover such a useful oil that I wouldn't have otherwise.

The Clove I absolutely detest the smell of.  I could never bring myself to buy it.  But since I was sent it for free I decided I may as well use it.  So I put some in a spray bottle with water and used it to clean my bathroom and it has left the bathroom amazing, especially where it's prone to growing mold. I now wouldn't be without it in my arsenal.

I'm still a work in progress with the Manuka.  For a while I couldn't even bring myself to open the bottle.  It's a tiny bottle that is quite expensive to buy.  But Essential Oils do have a shelf life so I need to learn ways to make use of it so that it doesn't get wasted.

So there you have it.  Two months into my essential oil journey and I have 10 beautiful oils to use.  I can't wait for my October order to arrive so I can try out the new oils I have coming.  It's coming from the US so takes a bit longer to get here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You As Sceptical Of Essential Oils As I Am?