Are You As Sceptical Of Essential Oils As I Am?






I've seen some of the "hype" around Essential Oils and to be honest, I wasn't sure I was all that interested.  I think in part because I find many flowers give me a headache and/or hay fever, including Lavender.  And you hear Lavender talked about quite a lot when the topic of essential oils comes up.

I love scented candles but again, I get a headache from those as well.

And let's not get me started on how terrible perfume makes me feel!! (Uggghhh)

So I guess I'd lumped Essential Oils in the same little package and decided they weren't for me.

To be honest, other than "smelling nice"(sometimes), I really didn't know much about essential oils at all.

A few times on social media I've seen people talking about the health benefits of essential oil but I've dismissed as being more of a placebo effect than anything (if you expect something to help it may convince you that you're feeling better).

So, being so sceptical, how did I come to be an Essential Oil user?

My massage therapist held an open day for her new massage room and invited a local advocate to come along to share her knowledge of essential oils with individuals.  She is also my daughters dance teacher so my daughter was quite interested in finding out more as she'd been exposed to them being diffused during her dance class.

We talked a bit with her but also with others in the community who were also there.  Everyone seemed to be singing the praises of the benefits of these essential oils.

To be honest, I was still a bit sceptical but we brought home a couple of samples to try.

I thought the Lavender Peace kind of helped with my sleep but I wasn't necessarily convinced.  However, my daughter really liked them so I decided to sign up as a wholesale customer and put an order in.  There were a few things I was keen to try and they had a good bonus on offer that I thought I wouldn't mind trying.

One of the first things I ended up ordering was a Peppermint Essential Oil.  Simply because I love the scent.

Turns out, that was a good choice as when I started to read more about the ways we can use essential oils to support healing in our body, peppermint oil is listed for quite a number of things.  One day I had a headache and with a quick google, came across peppermint oil as a suggestion to help.

Ever the sceptic, I decided it was worth a shot, but wasn't expecting it to help.  I diluted some peppermint oil in my hand with some fractionated coconut oil and rubbed it on the back of my neck.

To my surprise, within minutes my headache was gone.

I can't say for sure that it was the Peppermint Oil but it seems pretty coincidental to me.

I have to admit, I'm still sceptical but perhaps a little less so.

If nothing else, it has peaked my interest enough to play around with some oils and to research a bit more about them.

And in the meantime, they still smell good!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Current Collection of Oils